Students' Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I do a course on…?

The Victorian TAFE Association is not involved in course delivery. For information on courses, contact:

TAFE and Training Line


Tel: 131 823 (in Victoria) or 03 9651 4701 (outside Victoria)

Monday – Friday from 8.30am – 4.30pm (closed on public holidays)

Website: Victorian Skills Gateway


How do I get my skills recognised / qualifications upgraded?

Contact a TAFE that teaches in your field of study. They can help you gain recognition for current skills and provide guidance on how best to gain qualifications or update or improve existing qualifications. Check the Victorian Skills Gateway details above.

Where can I find information on apprenticeships and traineeships?

Visit the Victorian apprenticeships and traineeships webpage.

How do I get a replacement for my certificate/diploma/etc?

Contact the institution that issued you the original.

If you need a replacement certificate of completion for an apprenticeship, contact the Apprenticeship Administration Information Line: 1300 722 603

International students – where can I get free information and assistance?

Check the Study in Melbourne Website, the official Victorian Government gateway to studying in Melbourne or regional Victoria.

If you are in Melbourne, there is The Study Melbourne Centre (SMSC), a service dedicated entirely to supporting Victoria’s international students and their education providers.  The Centre is a ‘one-stop-shop’ where students can drop in and access free, confidential face-to-face information and assistance. This compliments the support already offered by their education providers.

The SMSC also offers a welcoming space for international students to access computers and printing, tea/coffee, free Wi-Fi and other practical support. International student groups are also welcome to hold meetings and events in the space. 

To get in touch, visit the contact page on the Study Melbourne website.