- Research Gateway
The Centre for Vocational and Educational Policy (CVEP) is part of the Melbourne Graduate School of Education (MGSE) which in turn is part of the University of Melbourne.
CVEP is a research centre contributing to the growth of knowledge about education and training in Australia through evidence-driven scholarly analysis, consultancy and policy advice. Their work focusses on pathways within upper secondary education and from upper secondary education into higher education, vocational education and training (VET), work-based training and the labour market, both in an international and a comparative context. The Centre is one of the few research hubs in the world generating in-depth knowledge and evidence-based expertise in the field of education transitions and VET quality.
A number of themes are central to the Centre’s research and development activities. These include:
- Equity and Social Inclusion
- The Purpose/Aims of Education & Training
- The Philosophy of Education & Training
- Knowledge and Skills Formation
- Education and Training Policy
- Education and Training funding
The Melbourne Graduate School of Education is home to 10 research centres. In addition to CVEP other relevant Centres include:
- Assessment Research Centre (ARC)
- Centre for Research on Education Systems (formerly CPELL)
- Centre for the Study of Higher Education (CSHE)
- LH Martin Institute for Higher Education Leadership and Management
- Youth Research Centre (YRC)
The economics of vocational education and training, students, vocational education/higher education.