- Research Gateway
The LH Martin Institute, is based at the University of Melbourne and provides the tertiary education sector with leadership programs, and career and capability development, underpinned by a strong research effort.
The Institute is recognised nationally and internationally as a leading centre of teaching and research excellence for the enhancement of tertiary education leadership and management. Their research activities generate policy-relevant advice to help increase effectiveness in leadership and management and also support the delivery of high quality, contextualised training programs for the sector.
Key research themes include
- creating a vibrant tertiary education workforce,
- increasing productivity in tertiary education,
- the higher education - vocational education interface and the nature of tertiary education,
- performance measurement and business intelligence, and
- strategic management in tertiary education.
Workforce development, governance, vocational education/higher education.
Location and information access
LH Martin Institute
Elisabeth Murdoch Building (Building 134), Spencer Road,
The University of Melbourne, Victoria, 3010, Australia
+61 3 8344 0756
Fax +61 3 9347 8922
The Institute website provides links to a list of their current and completed researches. Reports are available to download free but there may be a charge for books and resources authored by Institute staff.