Tuesday 14 November 2017
Venue: Melbourne Polytechnic Conference Centre, Cramer Street, Preston
Program: pdf BDMN Conference Program (166 KB)
Julie Mundy, Independent Partnering & Development Specialist
Ian Berry, Motivational speaker and Author of 'Changing What's Normal'
Xavier Casar, Executive Director TAFE and Participation Division, DET
Florence Davidson, Executive Officer Christie Centre Inc.
David Moody, State Manager - Victoria National Disability Service
Patrick Gavaghan, National Training Manager Australian Glass & Glazing Association
Skills for the Future
Thursday 10 November 2016
Neil Coulson, Victorian Skills Commissioner
Jan Owen AM Hon Dlitt, CEO Foundation for Young Australians and YLA
Mike Burgess, Former Chief Information Security Officer, Telstra
Xavier Csar, Executive Director, HESG, Department of Education on "VET Reform"
VET Reform Workshop, facilitated by Lisa Smith, Minds at Work
Sponsor: Victorian Government Department of Education & Training
About the Network
The Community and Industry Engagement Network was formed in 2009.
The Terms of Reference are:
- The sharing of implicit and explicit knowledge relating to areas of common interest for public TAFE and adult community providers.
- The exploration of opportunities for innovation.
- Identification of business development skills sets to enhance ongoing workforce development for TAFE staff.
- Providing professional development for business development staff.
- Strengthening partnerships in a competitive environment.
- Encouraging collaboration between public and adult community providers.
The network aims to
- Achieve organisational cultural shift at multiple levels by building a business culture in teaching areas to achieve flexibility and responsiveness.
- Acknowledge the complexities of our organisations
- Achieve internal change management
- Maximise competitive advantages and demonstrate successes.
Membership of the Network
- Victorian public TAFE and adult community providers and staff with business development responsibilities coupled with organisational decision making authority, and business development contract management staff.
- A representative of the Victorian TAFE Association (VTA).
- Co-opted members as agreed by the membership of the network from time to time.
Members will have the capacity to nominate a proxy in the event they cannot participate in Network meetings.
All meetings are on a Tuesday from 10.30am to 2.30pm.
For meeting agendas, notes and papers, please login to access the Members' Page.