TAFEs and dual sector universities in metropolitan Melbourne are currently operating under different rules to those in rural and regional Victoria with restrictions in place.
The Victorian Government announced further restrictions in Victoria to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19):
- From 19 October, further easing of Third Step restrictions apply throughout regional Victoria.
- From 19 October, further easing of Second Step restrictions apply in metropolitan Melbourne.
TAFEs have moved to remote and online learning, except for critical teaching, research and ancillary activities that cannot be delivered remotely.
Each TAFE will have their own arrangements for the continuation of training. Please contact the TAFE that you are enrolled at for further details.
Victorian Government has set up a dedicated email address and advice line which is open to staff and students who have questions or want more information about the provision of training at , or call 1800 338 663 (the advice line is open Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm).
For more information, go to Victorian Government Department of Education and Training.
International Students Emergency Relief Fund: The Victorian Government has announced a $45 million International Student Emergency Relief Fund for international students facing financial hardship as a result of coronavirus.
Rent Relief: Rental relief grants of up to $3,000 are available to international students whose income has been affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic while in Australia.
For more information on Coronavirus support for international students, go to studymelbourne.vic.gov.au.
Other useful websites:
- Victorian State Government - Health & Human Services (info for education providers)
- Australian Government - Education, Skills and Employment (info for education providers)
- Australian Government - Home Affairs (Australian border/visas)
Austrade (info for international students)
- Australian Government - Health (health alerts)
Page updated 19 October 2020